Dear Educators, Students and Community Members,
Education is a foundational component in the work all Rotarians do to make the world a better place. As part of that effort, Lake Oswego Rotary believes in recognizing the incredible work of educators and strong supporters of education in our own community.
It is with great enthusiasm that the Lake Oswego Rotary Club announces the continuation of our program honoring educators and those supporting education. Titled “Service Above Self: Educational Excellence” (SASEE), the SASEE Awards program is our way of saying: “Thank you! We are acutely aware of the importance of your work and dedication to this community and we are so very proud of you all.” The SASEE Awards program was first celebrated in 2017.
The SASEE Awards are intended to recognize and honor three categories of individuals: 1) Teachers, Administrators and Support Staff, 2) Students, and 3) Community Citizens/Volunteers who are affiliated with Lake Oswego public and private schools, including Marylhurst University. The ideal nominee demonstrates a commitment to education through projects, activities and work that emphasize service above self, and inspires us to be better people.
Teachers/Administrators/Support Staff honorees will be awarded $1,000 to apply toward their school or service activities. Student honorees will be awarded $500 to apply toward their school or service activity. A student scholarship of $2500 will be established in the name of Individual Citizen/Volunteer honorees to support the college education of a current high school student.
The SASEE Awards are based on exemplifying one or more of the following six criteria:
- Performs in an exemplary manner and participates in extracurricular activities;
- Participates in community activities that benefit students and citizens alike;
- Demonstrates selfless conduct toward others;
- Actively engages with and inspires others to reach their highest level of educational excellence and works to maximize their social and emotional development;
- Builds a strong sense of confidence, competence, and responsible citizenship in the minds and hearts of others, and/or
- Cultivates a life-long interest in learning.