Please read the nomination criteria below to complete and submit your supporting nomination for the 2020 SASEE Awards
The ideal SASEE nominee demonstrates a commitment to excellence in education through projects or activities that emphasize Service Above Self, are above and beyond what is normally required and inspire us to be better people.
- Service Above Self projects and activities for which individuals are nominated must be affiliated with public or private schools or a university within the City of Lake Oswego boundaries
- Citizen, Educator & Support Staff Nominees may live outside of Lake Oswego boundaries
- Student Nominees may live outside Lake Oswego, but must attend school within Lake Oswego boundaries
- Previous Nominees are eligible
(Previous SASEE Award Recipients are not eligible.)
- Pre-school programs and home school programs are not currently eligible for SASEE awards.
The Evaluation Process
A team of judges reads through the nomination and supporting nominations for each nominee. A scoring matrix is used by each judge. Each category is considered separately. Nominees are initially ranked by score, then discussed until judges reach a consensus.
SASEE Award Categories
- Teacher/Administrator Award - $1000 applied toward their school or service activity
- Support Staff Award - $1000 applied toward their school or service activity
- Student Award - $1000 applied toward their school or service activity
- Individual Community Citizen/Volunteer Award - $2,500 student scholarship given in their name
The Nominee, through his or her project or activity, should demonstrate "Service Above Self" in one or more of the following five areas:
- Shows initiative, yet demonstrates selfless conduct toward others
- Inspires others to a high level of educational excellence & development
- Builds a sense of confidence, competence and citizenship in others
- Creates results-driven activities that leave a positive legacy
- Participates at a high level in community and school-related activities
The Lake Oswego Rotary Club thanks you for taking the time to recognize an individual who demonstrates "Service Above Self” in support of education in our community. All eligible nominees will be carefully considered by a select panel of judges who will identify the finalists and ultimately select those to whom awards will be given. We are hopeful that you and others will be able to join us at the
SASEE Awards Banquet
at the Tualatin Country Club
to honor and celebrate the SASEE finalists and award recipients.