Nominations for 2022 are now closed.
Select the Category for Your Supporting Nomination: * (To be completed by Supporting Nominator)
- – teacher, administrator, or instructional assistant at a school within the city of Lake Oswego
- – attends school within the city of Lake Oswego
- – demonstrates support of educational excellence within the city of Lake Oswego
The ideal SASEE nominee:
- demonstrates a commitment to excellence in education
- through participation or leadership in a project, activity, or service
- that emphasizes Service Above Self
- and goes above and beyond typical expectations
- while being an inspiration to others through this work.
The Nominee, through his, her or their project, activity or service should demonstrate “Service Above Self” in the following areas:
- Shows initiative and demonstrates selfless conduct toward others
- Inspires others to improve, grow and/or attain educational excellence
- Builds a strong sense of confidence, competence and/or community awareness in others
- Generates measurable impacts that leave a positive legacy
- Steady, long-standing, and active participation in community and school related activities
- The project, activity or service for which individuals are nominated must be affiliated with public or private schools or university within City of Lake Oswego boundaries.
- Nominees for the Citizen or Educator awards may reside outside of Lake Oswego boundaries.
- Student nominees may reside outside of Lake Oswego but must attend school within Lake Oswego boundaries.
- Previous nominees are eligible. Previous SASEE Award recipients are not eligible. (Click here to view past recipients.)
- Pre-school programs are not currently eligible for SASEE awards.
The Evaluation Process
A team of volunteer judges is assigned to each award category. Each category is considered separately. SASEE judges are provided copies of all nominations for each nominee within the assigned category. A detailed scoring rubric is provided for each of the evaluation criteria. After reading all nomination material for each nominee, each judge independently rates the nominee on each of five evaluation criteria. Total score for each nominee is tabulated and placed in rank order for each judge. Once independent scoring and ranking is complete, each team of judges meets to share their independent rankings and to discuss any discrepancies in rankings between judges. After discussion of nominees, ratings, and discrepancies in rankings, judges reach a consensus regarding SASEE award finalists and recipients.
The Lake Oswego Rotary Club thanks you for taking the time to recognize an individual who demonstrates “Service Above Self” in support of education in our community.
We hope you, your friends, and family will join us in the spring for the SASEE virtual awards. Watch for further details to be announced soon.