Please read the nomination criteria below to complete and submit your nomination for the 2019 SASEE Awards.
Nominations must be completed by January 10, 2019
Please note: We are not able to save your input prior to submission of the form. If you are unable to complete the form all at once, you will be able to return to it, and resume where you left off, if you leave the browser open to this page.
The ideal SASEE nominee demonstrates a commitment to excellence in education through projects or activities that emphasize Service Above Self, are above and beyond what is normally required and inspire us to be better people.
1) Service Above Self projects and activities for which individuals are nominated must be affiliated with public or private schools or university within City of Lake Oswego boundaries.
2) Citizen, Educator & Support Staff Nominees may live outside of Lake Oswego boundaries.
3) Student Nominees may live outside of Lake Oswego boundaries, but must attend school within Lake Oswego boundaries
4) Pre-school programs and home-school programs are not currently eligible for SASEE awards.
5) Previous nominees are eligible. Previous SASEE Award recipients are not.
The Evaluation Process
A team of judges reads through the nomination and supporting nominations for each nominee. A scoring matrix is used by each judge. Each category is considered separately.
Nominees are initially ranked by score, then discussed until judges reach a consensus.
SASEE Award Cateories
1) Teacher/Administrator Award - $1,000 applied toward their school or service activity
2) Support Staff Award - $1,000 applied toward their school or service activity
3) Student Award - $500 applied toward their school or service activity
4) Individual Community Citizen/Volunteer Award, supporting education, are recognized by
a $2,500 student scholarship given in their name
The Nominee, through his or her project or activity, should demonstrate “Service Above Self”
in one or more of the following areas:
1) Shows initiative, yet demonstrates selfless conduct toward others
2) Inspires others to reach a high level of educational excellence and development
3) Builds a strong sense of confidence, competence and citizenship in others
4) Creates positive, results-driven impacts that leave a positive legacy
5) Participates at a high level in extracurricular and school -related activities
PART 1: I am nominating the following individual for a potential 2019 SASEE Award:
The Lake Oswego Rotary Club thanks you for taking the time to recognize an individual who demonstrates "Service Above Self” in support of education in our community. All the nominees will be carefully considered by a select panel of judges who will identify the finalists and ultimately select those to whom awards will be given. We are hopeful that you and others will be able to join us at the SASEE Awards Banquet scheduled for February 27, 2019, at the Tualatin Country Club, to honor and celebrate the SASEE finalists and award