– Service Above Self projects and activities for which individuals are nominated must be affiliated with public or private schools or a university within the City of Lake Oswego boundaries.
– Citizen, Educator & Support Staff Nominees may live outside of Lake Oswego boundaries.
– Student Nominees may live outside Lake Oswego, but must attend school within Lake Oswego boundaries.
– Previous Nominees are eligible. (Previous SASEE Award Recipients are not eligible.)
– Pre-school programs and home school programs are not currently eligible for SASEE awards.
The Evaluation Process
A team of judges reads through the nomination and supporting nominations for each nominee. A scoring matrix is used by each judge. Each category is considered separately. Nominees are initially ranked by score, then discussed until judges reach a consensus.
SASEE Award Categories
- Teacher/Administrator Award – $1000 applied toward their school or service activity
- Support Staff Award – $1000 applied toward their school or service activity
- Student Award – $1000 applied toward their school or service activity
- Individual Community Citizen/Volunteer Award – $2,500 student scholarship given in their name
The Nominee, through his or her project or activity, should demonstrate “Service Above Self” in one or more of the following five areas:
- Shows initiative, yet demonstrates selfless conduct toward others
- Inspires others to a high level of educational excellence & development
- Builds a sense of confidence, competence and citizenship in others
- Creates results-driven activities that leave a positive legacy
- Participates at a high level in community and school-related activities