To nominate a candidate, click the following link – PRIMARY NOMINATION
SASEE Nomination Categories
- Educator – teacher, administrator, or instructional assistant at a school within the city of Lake Oswego
- Student – attends school within the city of Lake Oswego
- Citizen – demonstrates support of educational excellence within the city of Lake Oswego
Pay-it Forward Awards
- Educator recipients of the SASEE Award will receive $1,000 to be donated to their school or Service Above Self activity.
- Student recipients of the SASEE Award will receive $1,000 to be donated to their school or Service Above Self activity.
- Citizen recipients of the SASEE Award are honored by having a $3,000 college scholarship awarded in their name to a deserving high school senior.
The Nominee, through his, her or their project, activity or service should demonstrate “Service Above Self” in the following areas:
- Shows initiative and demonstrates selfless conduct toward others
- Inspires others to improve, grow and/or attain educational excellence
- Builds a strong sense of confidence, competence and/or community awareness in others
- Generates measurable impacts that leave a positive legacy
- Steady, long-standing, and active participation in community and school related activities
- The project, activity or service for which individuals are nominated must be affiliated with public or private schools or university within City of Lake Oswego boundaries. Currently, preschool programs and home-school programs are not currently eligible for SASEE awards.
- Nominees for the Citizen or Educator/ Instructional Assistant awards may reside outside of Lake Oswego boundaries.
- Student nominees may reside outside of Lake Oswego but must attend school within Lake Oswego boundaries.
- Previous nominees are eligible. Previous SASEE Award recipients are not eligible. (Click here to view past recipients.)
- Pre-school programs and home school programs are not currently eligible for SASEE awards.